Вернуться   toyster.ru форум > Основной раздел > Новости
Правила Новичкам Справка Сообщество Сообщения за день Поиск

Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 09.10.2018, 10:48   #45
denrep-lilium
Местный

Ага, там ещё ACI жалуется на то, что Chronicles Collectibles не профинансировали их проекты 1/6 (поэтому и пропали фигурки по Парку ЮП, Конану и Викингам), а некоторые китайские юзеры наезжают на то, что они сами постоянно всё задерживают и непрозрачны. Короче, драма разрастается.
текст от Хрониклов
I will summarize what occurred in as concise and clear a way as possible for those who care to know.
Chronicle Collectibles engaged in a partnership with ACI approximately 2 years ago. This partnership was entered into in a hope that ACI could efficiently and effectively bring our proposed 1/6 scale line of figures to market. Upon entering into this agreement we made it very clear that we only produce products that are 100% licensed and approved by one of our licensing partners, and that we only release products that are of a high quality that we ourselves would want to purchase and own.
ACI’s responsibility in this relationship was to provide pattern work for the clothing and accessories of our proposed 1/6 scale line, as well as serve as a retailer in their respective geographic market, where, at the time, we had poor market penetration.
Upon disclosing this relationship with our licensors (major film studios), as any licensee is required to disclose partnerships of this kind, we were met with significant resistance and concern. It was revealed to us that ACI operates as an unlicensed bootleg operation called Pangea, and that licensors were aware that Pangea has produced many 1/6 scale statues of variable quality, all of which were unlicensed and sold without proper rights or any royalties paid. There was also concern expressed that the likeness work done on the 1/6 scale figures by our studio here in the US would find its way onto non-licensed bootleg product in the future if the partnership were to continue.
Given this concern from our licensing partners, who are essential allies in this industry, we were obliged to terminate the partnership.
Both companies suffered loss from this terminated partnership. ACI claims it suffered $20,000 worth of loss, and is demanding we pay them that entire amount. However, Chronicle Collectibles suffered significant loss as well, as we paid for much of the prototype work (including all the likeness/portrait work) and had to explain to our licensing partners why we partnered with a company known, at least to them, to produce non-licensed bootleg product.
We have offered to pay ACI approximately $9000 of the roughly $20,000 they believe they are owed in an effort to resolve this without further slander from them, but they have refused.
ACI has clearly blamed production delays and poor customer satisfaction on Chronicle Collectibles, but it is hard to believe that a company is made or broken by an amount that even they claim is only $20,000.
The 1/6 scale figures we were attempting to produce with ACI were never approved for release and were never sold or preordered, so Chronicle Collectibles received no revenue of any kind. On the contrary, due to our false start with ACI, we have disappointed and upset fans who were anticipating timely release of these figures.
If Chronicle Collectibles moves forward, as we plan to do, in the future with any of the 1/6 scale figures that were begun under the brief ACI partnership, we will pay ACI the full amount due for any of the prototype work that is used, though we plan to re-pattern the clothing work as it is not up to our product standards.
Both sides of this partnership suffered some financial hardship from this failed relationship, and Chronicle Collectibles further suffered significant hardship in regards to our licensing relationships, though this was repaired quickly by termination of the partnership with ACI.
Chronicle Collectibles has attempted to stay above any dispute. However, given the relative public nature of ACI’s slanderous claims against us, it is prudent to illuminate the details of how the bootleg products of ACI/Pangea destroyed any potential for success for these products under the prior partnership.
Chronicle Collectibles’ 1/6 scale figure line will see the light of day, but the prototype work done in the past will only be an echo of what Chronicle Collectibles finally produces, as these 1/6 scale figures will be of the highest quality, and will be fully licensed and approved by our licensing partners and the actors whose likenesses are portrayed.
I understand that when companies are under financial strain due to poor sales or poor customer service there is a desire to blame outside interests for the hardship, but it is unreasonable for ACI to claim their multiple hardships are due to the amount they incorrectly claim we owe.
Feel free to send any questions directly to me. I will answer if it is relevant and appropriate to this dispute.

Sincerely,
Clay

H. Clay Brown
President
Chronicle Collectibles

Последний раз редактировалось denrep-lilium; 09.10.2018 в 10:56.
denrep-lilium вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 09.10.2018, 11:30   #46
UlliPekka
Местный

Цитата:
Сообщение от denrep-lilium Посмотреть сообщение
Ага, там ещё ACI жалуется на то, что Chronicles Collectibles не профинансировали их проекты 1/6 (поэтому и пропали фигурки по Парку ЮП, Конану и Викингам), а некоторые китайские юзеры наезжают на то, что они сами постоянно всё задерживают и непрозрачны. Короче, драма разрастается.
О как.
Видел новость тока где аси говори что все раскажут но продолжение пропустил.
можно ссыль?
Старый 09.10.2018, 15:25   #47
SiriX
Местный

UlliPekka, так они пока ничего и не рассказали, назвали героиней Kyung-Ah Kim, которая блин год молчала о том, что её кинули пока Вимал не поднял шумиху почти сразу же после кидалова, плюс сами наехали на Хрониклов. Вообще Аси странные ребята, наехать на Хрониклов при том, что сами барыжат неофициалами, плюс то, что они тупо ретейлеры и ещё качать права Лицензиаторы дали отказ, всё, Хрониклы то тут причём.
SiriX вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 09.10.2018, 15:42   #48
UlliPekka
Местный

Цитата:
Сообщение от SiriX Посмотреть сообщение
UlliPekka, так они пока ничего и не рассказали, назвали героиней Kyung-Ah Kim, которая блин год молчала о том, что её кинули пока Вимал не поднял шумиху почти сразу же после кидалова, плюс сами наехали на Хрониклов. Вообще Аси странные ребята, наехать на Хрониклов при том, что сами барыжат неофициалами, плюс то, что они тупо ретейлеры и ещё качать права Лицензиаторы дали отказ, всё, Хрониклы то тут причём.
Я про Аси и Хроников)
Текст от хроников ведь взят откуда то) а я его найти не могу)
Старый 09.10.2018, 15:57   #49
a.d.
Местный

UlliPekka, https://www.facebook.com/groups/ones...1402097883087/
Старый 09.10.2018, 16:02   #50
UlliPekka
Местный

Цитата:
Сообщение от a.d. Посмотреть сообщение
спасибо)
Старый 10.10.2018, 16:58   #51
denrep-lilium
Местный

История всё веселее, один из инвесторов вложивших почти два миллиона долларов отписал на фриках:
инвестор
I had to consider long and hard before posting this here, its not exactly the normal route in a situation such as this but then, this is not exactly a normal situation either.

I am the primary investor in Molecule 8, the one that Vimal mentioned in his FB post.

I have to tread carefully for what I can say in a public forum as I am currently getting advice on instigating legal proceedings against Vijay Chadha and his brother Ajay Chadha.

However I may need some assistance and further information which I hope that some members in this forum may be able to provide.

A lot of speculation has been made that Molecule 8 had little or no funds at startup and that is the reason why things happened the way that they have. This is far from the truth though.

A total of $2 Million USD was invested into Molecule 8, $1.6 Million of which was from myself and another close friend. I had to borrow much of the money from family, friends and banks as the initial amount Vijay predicted would be needed was around $700,000 to $800,000 but he quickly needed more and more funds.

I know people will ask how I have been so gullible and really I feel very stupid at this moment. But I have known Vijay for something like 25 years back from when we travelled to Japan together when the first Sony Playstation was released. I had grown to trust him implicitly over the years, as much as anyone I had known in my life so when he explained the business model he had in mind for Molecule 8, I was very excited to be involved.

Molecule 8 was supposed to be the company that all collectors wanted, that offered real value and quality in everything that we produced.

In the initial stages, Vijay consulted with me about everything but once he moved to LA, he slowly but surely started making decisions unilaterally and taking involvement away from me. This ranged from making bullish claims on the website to taking licenses without my knowledge or approval, i.e. the Tick and Travis Touchdown. I did not even learn about Travis Touchdown until I saw a post on this forum and I did not know that we had even commissioned any David Bowie sculpts until I saw the image on K. A. Kim’s FB post.

Once I was unable to invest any further money, Vijay started to become difficult to contact. He would ignore phone calls, texts and emails for increasingly extended periods of time. I was told much later by an artist that travelled with him to Hong Kong in the early set up stages but who has since fallen out with him due to a lack of payment that Vijay confided in him that he wanted to find a way to get me out of the company.

I have been gathering as much information as I could over the last few months and have become increasingly concerned as to what has actually happened to the initial investment if we owe so much to so many people

Much more information on this has become evident in the last couple of days of course triggered by Vimal’s FB post and I am very grateful to him for that.

That we have not paid K. A. Kim, the artist who was mainly responsible for the company’s high profile during startup is simply beyond repugnant. I was not aware that this had been done and since finding out, I have reached out to and apologised to her for this. An apology is far short of what she is owed though of course.

It is true that a lot of money had to be paid for licenses but even allowing for that and the other money I can see that has been spent, there is something in the region of $1,000,000 USD that I have been unable to account for. Note that I am not saying anything untoward has been done with the funds, just that I am unable to account for it at this moment in time.

There is much more that I could write here but as mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have to be careful not to say anything that could adversely affect litigation.

What I would like to request is information from anyone here that has any knowledge of people or companies that are owed money and anything else that may potentially be helpful or relevant.

Please PM me if you have anything that you think may help, if you need to keep it confidential just mention so. I will respect all confidences, I just want to get to the bottom of this.

If I am able to recover monies via the company, from Vijay personally or through the court, I will try my best to make sure all those that are owed monies will be paid.

Thank you in advance for any help and information that anyone is able to provide.

Похоже компания была создана, чтобы своровать деньги и работы лучших скульпторов.
Старый 10.10.2018, 17:04   #52
SiriX
Местный

Про бабки уже и так было понятно, посчитав предзаказы можно было прикинуть наваренную сумму, только вот скульпты воровать смысл то какой, когда можно было с этих же денег хоть 100 разных купить. Удивительно, что все блин кто там замешан столько времени молчали, хоть их как лохов развели, при этом до клиентов даже инфу не донесли.
Старый 10.10.2018, 17:08   #53
denrep-lilium
Местный

Цитата:
Сообщение от SiriX Посмотреть сообщение
Удивительно, что все блин кто там замешан столько времени молчали, хоть их как лохов развели, при этом до клиентов даже инфу не донесли.
Думаю, надеялись решить вопрос с Виджеем. Очень похоже, что он изначально не планировал что-то серьёзное, или проиграл все деньги в рулетку и начал морозиться.
Старый 10.10.2018, 17:12   #54
SiriX
Местный

denrep-lilium, да какой там надеялись, он их завтраками столько времени кормил, а они сидели и ждали. К.А Ким вообще наивная дурочка какая то оказалась, взяла просто так выслала прототипы, даже копии себе не оставила, без оплаты, без ни чего и при этом у неё ахренеть какой огромный опыт работы в данной сфере. Если бы Вимал не поднял шумиху (и то, тот тоже сидел и ждал как будто первый день фрилансит), то этот развод бы и дальше продолжался, Виджей отличную компашку лошков собрал, поимел с них деньги и ещё с клиентов собрал, а потом укатил куда нибудь на острова.

Этот Дэвид вообще хорош, полтора ляма просто так отдал и сидит весь грустный, не понимает как такое произошло В общем отличная афера получилась у М8, очень даже.

Последний раз редактировалось SiriX; 10.10.2018 в 17:14.
Старый 10.10.2018, 17:12   #55
rencure
Местный

Цитата:
Сообщение от denrep-lilium Посмотреть сообщение
История всё веселее, один из инвесторов вложивших почти два миллиона долларов отписал на фриках:

Похоже компания была создана, чтобы своровать деньги и работы лучших скульпторов.
Ситуация странная, впрочем. Кому нужны работы скульторов-то, тем более по лицензии. Там вообще ж дичь, самоуправство и безумие - видимо, тот чувак просто сошёл с ума.
Я думал, такое только в России возможно)
rencure вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ